Disorders and Treatment
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Borderline Personality
- Mental Health Diagnosis
- Mental Health Treatments
- Alternative Meds
- Case Studies
Talks with GoZen about Child & Teen Anxiety Relief
Shann talks with Renee Jain a positive psychology practitioner and creator of the GoStrengths and Gozen programs for teaching children and teens how to relieve their anxiety.
Renee's story: My name is Renee Jain (pronounced Ree-knee Jane) and I’m the chief storyteller at GoStrengths! Many of the scenarios you find within the online programs we provide are based on the challenges I faced while growing up. You see, I never learned to cope with adversity-not properly, at least. I was the queen of exaggeration…little molehills in my life regularly blew up into mountains of pain and sorrow. I often suffered in silence clutching onto my motto, “No one gets it.”
I learned much later in life that people do indeed understand what kids go through when they feel anxious, depressed, misunderstood, or just plain stressed out. I learned there are effective methods to cope with problems and increase one’s resilience. I also discovered beyond the capacity to survive, it is possible to learn how to thrive. Happiness is a skill which can be practiced. In this, life can offer deep meaning, purpose, and joy. With the help of an animated alien Neutrino, I hope to take the lessons I have gleaned through my personal and professional experience and pass them on to as many other people as possible.
Anxiety Slayer's Interview questions:
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
- Tell us a little bit about GoZen. I know you use animations, can you tell us a little more?
- You talk about 1 big myth that we operate under… something you believe is contributing to the epidemic of anxiety disorders – can you tell us about that myth?
- We hear a lot of stories on the news about the anxiety rates in kids going up and their stress levels increasing – do you see this trend in your work? What do you think is going on with kids today?
- I know that your programs are based on the science of positive psychology. For our listeners that aren’t familiar with that, can you tell us a little more?
- Are there any tips you can provide right now that may help a parent who has a child who is suffering from anxiety?
- I know that your programs are taught in schools, what kind of schools are adopting the programs? Are they teaching the life skills from your programs to all the kids or a certain group?
Listen to the full podcast here (if your browser doesn't show the podcast player please listen on iTunes)
Bio: Renee is a tech entrepreneur turned positive psychology practitioner, best-selling author, and life coach. Renee Jain holds a Masters of Applied Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania and specializes in teaching tweens and teens how to relieve anxiety, boost resilience, and increase well-being. Renee has personally coached over 5,000 people on how to effectively integrate the science of resilience into their lives. Renee’s programs can be found online at www.gostrengths.com and www.gozen.com.
The information provided on the PsyWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her health professional. This information is solely for informational and educational purposes. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Neither the owners or employees of PsyWeb.com nor the author(s) of site content take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading this site. Always speak with your primary health care provider before engaging in any form of self treatment. Please see our Legal Statement for further information.