Disorders and Treatment
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Borderline Personality
- Mental Health Diagnosis
- Mental Health Treatments
- Alternative Meds
- Case Studies
Paranoid Personality Disorder
ONSET: Early adulthood and with a variety of contexts.
1. Marked distrust of others, as indicated by at least four of the following:
- Believes without reason that others are exploiting, harming, or trying to deceive her / him.
- Unjustified doubts about a friends / associates loyalty or trustworthiness.
- Believes with out reason that if she / he confides in others, this information somehow be used against her / him.
- Finds hidden demeaning or threatening meanings in harmless remarks or events.
- Unforgiving and bears grudges.
- Believes with out reason that people are out to attack his / her character or reputation and is quick to react with anger.
- Believes with out reason in the fidelity of their sexual partner.
2. Symptoms not due to another mental disorder.
The information provided on the PsyWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her health professional. This information is solely for informational and educational purposes. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Neither the owners or employees of PsyWeb.com nor the author(s) of site content take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading this site. Always speak with your primary health care provider before engaging in any form of self treatment. Please see our Legal Statement for further information.